project 1 // calamity audio file

The Calamity


I had a rough time deciding what audio I wanted to use for this project. I actually started off with an entirely different one, edited out the background music, even started animating some of the text. But, it didn’t feel right—both the audio quality and the actual content of the quote. So, I kept looking for something that I felt excited about, and I did.


I ended up landing on this audio from Critical Role’s mini-campaign, Exandria Unlimited: Calamity. It’s the last bit of the finale, where the GM Brennan Lee Mulligan, was tying up the ends of the adventure. The first time I heard it, it gave me chills. It was inspirational without being droll and cheesy, talking about hope and stories and life. It was poetic. Plus, there's some great imagery for potential text effects!

Comments

  1. I love this audio! I lt already sets a great tone for the video with the speakers raspy voice and thoughtful pauses. I definitely think you're right about how the audio will make for great text effects. I cant wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This audio definitely has potential for some fun effects. I especially love the texturized background sounds of like the firey sizzle sound. Pumped to see what you create with the visuals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment