project 2 // critique


So, this is my temporary final personal interstitial piece. I'm somewhat happy with it. I feel like I dipped into the bag of tricks effects a bit more than I'd like to, so I want to come back to this and really play up some of those effects.

As a designer, I stick mainly with subject matter that's dark and fantastical. I wanted my interstitial to reflect that, to feel cinematic and reminiscent of the shows and movies that have sculpted my artistic style, feeling professional and intense while still having that edge of gothic-ness that has kind of been my signature.

There's a typo and some stuttering that I'd like to fix. I also want to play up that contrast a lot more to really make the metallic effect pop. Other than that though, I feel like I learned a lot about how the custom effects can really change everything, even just switching the order in which they're stacked on the shape layer can change the entire thing.

Comments